PADI DEEP DIVER
Explore deeper dive sites with confidence at depths down to 40 meters/130 ft. Learn to manage your gas supply, go over buddy contact procedures, and buoyancy control.
The lure of the deep. There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites while scuba diving. Sometimes it’s a wreck that attracts you below 18 meters/60 feet, and on wall dives it may be a giant fan or sponge. Whatever it is, to scuba dive with confidence at depths down to 40 meters/130 feet, you should take the PADI Deep Diver Specialty course.
If you’ve earned the PADI Adventure Diver rating or higher, and you’re at least 15 years old, you can enroll in the Deep Diver course.
Along with reviewing reasons for deep diving and the importance of knowing your personal limits, you’ll learn about:
- Specialized deep diving equipment.
- Deep dive planning, buddy contact procedures, safety considerations and buoyancy control
- Managing your gas supply and dealing with gas narcosis..
The first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
PREREQUISITES & REQUIREMENTS
- Age Requirement: 15 years or older
- Course Prerequisites: PADI Adventure Diver (or qualifying certification)
- Time Commitment: Approximately 2-4 hours