ENRICHED AIR DIVER (NITROX)
The most popular PADI specialty course. Scuba diving with enriched air nitrox gives you more no decompression time, especially on repetitive scuba dives.
You’ll learn why diving with air that has higher oxygen and lower nitrogen content gives you more bottom time, along with enriched air equipment considerations. During a practical session, and two optional (or required) scuba dives, you’ll:
- Discuss managing oxygen exposure.
- Practice analyzing oxygen content in your scuba tank.
- Set your dive computer for diving with enriched air nitrox.
PREREQUISITES & REQUIREMENTS
- Age Requirement: 12 years or older
- Course Prerequisites: PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification)
- Time Commitment: Approximately 18 hours